Story of Learning

Story of Learning

Writing goals:
  • To use powerful describing words in all my writing pieces.
Reading goals:
  • To read a variety of texts (genre) each quarter of the year.
Math goals:
  • To recheck my work for errors in calculation.

I've done my goals this year well but I haven't achieved some of them yet. Two of the goals I've really been working on was thinking about reading different genres and using powerful words in my writing. I used to only read adventure and fictional books but now I've been reading poetry books and Journal books I've also been reading non fiction books. In my writing I've been focusing on using descriptive words. I think that I've improved using these words because of the synonyms we do during class it gives me wider range of words to use. My last goal was to re check my math work. I have been re checking my math work but I haven't accomplished the goal of doing it every time I do math so I haven't achieved that yet. Some of the new goals I have for the rest of the year is to re check my math work frequently, to read a little harder books then usual and to have a transition in my writing work. The goal I have for the sixth grade would be to keep my self organized and focused on one topic rather than to think about other things.



Some large success I've had were with reading. This year I was able to really think about my reading think about the book I'm reading. I've made inferences and I've made deep conversation with my literature circle. Some of my math successes were when I learned how to make Some of my large successes were when I learned how to convert fractions to decimals to percents. Some of the other successes I've had with writing were when I learned how to write an essay. Some challenges for me were when I had to make connections or predictions those were hard because some of the books I've been reading are fantasies and I can't come up with a lot of connections to my life. Some challenges in math was when I had to come up with probability. I'm not good with probability because sometimes I don't understand how you get the probability but after I got through it this year I understood it. Some things that have been challenges for me this year in writing were writing letters home. I'm good at this but I'm not so wonderful I need to work on adding everything that we're meant to I need to add all the details. I've done this by coming up with ways to add all the work but keep everything on one focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment